10 Tips for a Fun-Filled 4th of July
Nothing says summer like celebrating the 4th of July! We’d thought we’d share some of our favorite ideas and tips for a safe, fun-filled holiday to help kick off your summer with a bang! Pun intended.
As a reminder, due to safety concerns and varying city ordinances, the use of fireworks is not permitted at any of the Weidner properties. Most major cities put on a firework show that’s safe for the entire family.
- Get festive! Decorate your patio and windows with streamers, flags, and fun lights. Check out your local party store for fun decorating items. Check out these do-it-yourself decorating ideas from Real Simple.
- Host a chili cook-off competition. Invite some friends over with their best pot of chili. Do a blind taste test and give prizes out for the winner and runner-ups.
- Host a potluck barbeque party. Who has the best recipe for grilled chicken or dry-rub ribs? Find out at your 4th of July party! Check in with your leasing manager if your community requires you to reserve the grill ahead of time.
- Go for a fun hike in themed outfits for the ultimate photo opp! Gather your friends and family together for a group hike or outing to a local park and request that everyone dresses in red, white, and blue. Hand out some mini-flags and water bottles, and head out on the trail together, stopping for holiday photos with nature as your backdrop.
- Host a movie party and stream some American classics like Independence Day, Top Gun, Jaws, and Born on the 4th of July.
- Host your own game party. Check out these game ideas from Readers Digest for a spectacular Independence Day celebration – some are good for indoors, others are best done outdoors…like the water balloon toss.
- Attend the local parade. Nothing says festive like attending your local parade on the 4th of July. Join your neighbors and friends and get in the spirit of summer!
- Plan a picnic in the park. Here’s an activity the entire family and the dog can enjoy! Pack a lunch, pack the leash, grab some blankets and enjoy!
- Take a tour of your city’s historical landmarks. Check your local listings for patriotic events in your area.
- Do absolutely nothing. Some people spell “celebrate” as r-e-s-t! Kick back by the pool, binge- watch your favorite TV series, take a nap on the patio, or catch up on phone calls with friends and family. Whatever you do, take care of you!
-The Weidner Team