11 Fun Things to Do in Peoria, AZ
Peoria is a large suburb full of energy and history. Just a 30-minute drive northwest of Phoenix, residents enjoy easy access to the I-10, I-17, and Loop 101 for minimal commutes and maximum access to all the great activities around town.
Here are 11 fun things to do in Peoria:
- Enjoy Mother Nature – Peoria is surrounded by scenic mountains and beautiful desert terrain. Lucky for us, there are over 750 of acres of open space for preservation and recreation, with picturesque waterways and hiking trails for nature lovers to enjoy. Peoria residents and visitors love spending the day at places like Lake Pleasant Regional Park with water activities, hiking, fishing and watching bald eagles.
- Take a Hike (or Walk or Run or Ride) – The Arizona Canal Trail extends from the Pima Indian Reservation on the East, to Glendale/Peoria on the West. It goes by several local parks and schools and intersects several other recreational trails along its route. This quiet and well-maintained trail features plenty of water views and wildlife, and it’s good for all skill levels.
- Go Back to the Olden Days – Peoria is rich with stories that history buffs will love.
- Sahuaro Ranch Park features farm animals and visitors can enjoy a tour of the main house built in 1891 to discover what Arizona ranch life was like for the families living here from the late 1800’s to the 1930’s. Kids will love the big playground, and everyone will enjoy picking their own lemons from the trees.
- Historic Old Town Peoria attracts both locals and visitors alike as a focal point for arts and culture. Choose from a series of free events, and savor the food, theater and live music.
- Entertain Yourself – You’ll never be bored in Peoria:
- Theater Works – This award-winning community theater has something for everyone, from dramas and comedies to musicals and children’s shows.
- AZ Ice – If you enjoy the grace and beauty of ice skating, it’s a fun activity the whole family can enjoy.
- Movies – Choose from three local movie theaters to catch everything from blockbusters to indie films.
- Shop ‘til Ya Drop – You can get all the retail therapy you need in and around Peoria. You name it, we’ve got it: Park West Mall, Arrowhead Towne Center, Final Clearance, Antigua Outlet Store, Robyn's Nest Home, The Shops at Norterra and more.
- Get Your Sports On – There are plenty of venues for sports fans, from the Palmbrook Country Club, Rio Vista Recreation Center, Arrowhead Towne Center, and Quail Run Golf Course to disc golf at Thunderbird Paseo Park and spring training for the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners at the massive Peoria Sports Complex.
- Enjoy the Arts – Visit the West Valley Art Museum to experience a diverse array of art including fine prints, collections from local Arizona artists, and new exhibits year-round.
- Eat, Drink and Be Merry – When you live in a luxury apartment at Visions Apartment homes, whether eating at home or going out on the town, your palate will thank you.
- “Wake Up with Weidner” where our residents join us for chef-prepared hot breakfast Mondays through Fridays from 7-9 AM. And it’s on us, with continental options available for busy commuters on the go.
- When you’re in the mood to go out, choose from plenty of amazing dining experiences in Peoria. Whether your favorite food is Italian, Mexican, Asian, Greek, BBQ or a nice big steak dinner, you can get it all here.
- Park It – Peoria offers an array of beautiful parks for your enjoyment and health. With more than 30 parks and 20 miles of trails, you and your family can enjoy many outdoor adventures. Bring a picnic lunch or BBQ, shoot hoops, play volleyball, compete on multiple athletic fields, frolic on the playground and cool off at a splash pad. It’s a great way to spend the day.
- Make a Splash – Spend the day at Scorpion Bay, a lakeside harbor featuring a marina with rentals of sport boats, kayaks, paddle boards & jet skis.
- Come Home and Feel Like You’re on Vacation – After enjoying all the fun things Peoria has to offer, it’s great to come home to the gorgeous apartment you’ve customized for your enjoyment.
- If you’re relishing some quiet time, prepare a delicious meal surrounded by stainless steel appliances, modern flooring, and sleek countertops.
- Take a luxurious bath in your garden tub and treat yourself with scented candles and flowers.
- Sip a hot beverage and appreciate the courtyard view from your balcony.
- If you’re entertaining friends or hanging out with neighbors, lounge together by the sparkling pool under the outdoor cabanas, cook on gas BBQs, play in the interactive gaming area or relax in the resident activity center.
- Combine all that with expert management and a friendly, responsive staff, and you’re living a worry-free and rewarding life.
Are you ready to start living life in Peoria to the fullest, in luxury and style? Contact us at Visions Apartment Homes to schedule your tour today.
|Email:||Schedule a Tour|