4 Ways to Find an Affordable Apartment in Anchorage So You Can Still Have Fun
Whether you’re a college student, a medical professional, are working in retail and have roommates, or are just saving for a rainy day, here are four helpful tips on how to snag a nice apartment without breaking the bank:
- Live close to work, shopping and entertainment – Location is everything. To cut down on the cost of fuel, make sure you choose an apartment offers accessibility to destinations that are important to you. Try for a place that’s close to the University of Texas at Permian Basin and also near Walmart Supercenter and Target to satisfy your shopping needs. If your apartment is within walking distance to UAA, and close to APU, Providence Hospital, Alaska Native Medical Center, and JBER military base, you’ve scored a winner.
Also, try to live within a 10-minute drive to downtown Anchorage, where you’ll find additional places to shop, dine, and have fun. Ideally, you’ll find an apartment community that’s tucked away inside a neighborhood in a secluded Anchorage setting near everything you need rather than on a busy, noisy street.
- Consider customer service as a necessity – To get more bang for your buck, look for an older apartment community. Robert Palisoc, Community Director for Rancho Tudor Apartment Homes in Anchorage, AK, has experience in that area. “We might not be the newest place in town, but we have deep experience and pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service to our residents, including having a very responsive maintenance team, plus our prices are super reasonable, so it’s a solid choice to rent with us and save money,” he said.
- Live around fun, nice people – When you’re on a tight budget, sometimes you don’t have the money to go out as much as you might like to. That’s why it’s important to find an apartment community where the residents and staff get along well and enjoy doing things together.
“We love our residents here, so we try to do nice things for them as often as possible, like throwing a pizza party just for fun, or hosting our annual summer BBQ where lots of our residents attend and really enjoy hanging out and getting to know their neighbors,” said Palisoc. “Sometimes we give away doughnuts that our residents can grab while they’re taking advantage of our free coffee station to save money and fuel up before school or work,” he said.
- Enjoy low-cost experiences in your free time – Besides the activities and events in your apartment community, you shouldn’t have to venture far to enjoy the plethora of fun your city has to offer. There are lots of cheap and entertaining things to do in Anchorage:
- Grab a slice at Uncle Joe’s Pizza
- Admire the masterpieces at the Anchorage Museum (student ticket discount)
- Shop for bargains at the Northway Mall
- Enjoy a pint and experience Anchorage’s cool craft beer scene at the 49th State Brewing Co.
- Catch a drama or comedy at the Alaska Center for Performing Arts (student ticket discount)
- Ski, jog, picnic, play disc golf, and maybe even spot a moose at Kincaid Park
- Go hiking and see gorgeous waterfalls on Portage Pass
If you’re ready to move to Alaska and need a spacious affordable apartment in Anchorage in a prime location with a warm and active community and great staff, contact us today at Rancho Tudor Apartment Homes. We’re here to schedule your personal tour and help you find the perfect apartment to call home.