6 Ideas for Autumn Fun in Prince Albert
The weather is cooling down and leaves are turning orange, crimson and gold all around us. That means Autumn is finally here in Prince Albert!
This is a wonderful time to check items off your fall bucket list including savoring tasty apple desserts, breaking out those cozy flannels, and venturing outdoors to frolic in nature’s playground. From a peaceful walk along park trails to a rollicking visit to a local fall festival, now is the time to take advantage of everything this wonderful season has to offer.
Here are 6 fun activities to inspire you to revel in the excitement of this beautiful fall season in Prince Albert:
- Marvel at the fall colours - Witness the jaw-dropping beauty of Canada’s Autumn landscape at Duck Mountain Highlands, Cypress Hills or Grace Lakes to take in the spectacular beauty of our region. The contrast of fire-coloured deciduous trees amid the evergreens is breathtaking and photo-worthy.
- Camp in comfort – If you love to spend time in the great outdoors but would rather have someone else set up your campground, reserve a Parks Canada oTENTik unit in the Beaver Glen Campground. The package includes the combo of a tent and an A-frame cabin that comes equipped with beds and furniture inside and a grill, outdoor seating and a fireplace outside.
- Get out on the water – To experience the beauty of Prince Albert National Park from the water, try renting a boat or going fishing at the Waskesiu Marina Adventure Centre. It’s a unique and peaceful way to view the beautiful birds and captivating flora and fauna of the Saskatchewan area.
- Take a hike – Pack a lunch and treat yourself to a hike along the rolling Narrows Peninsula Trail that features a deep balsam fir forest, an impressive Ostrich Fern bed and expansive views of sparkling Waskesiu Lake. Make your way down to the boardwalk and beach where you can enjoy a relaxing picnic by the waterside.
- Zip through the forest – If you’re looking for a unique way to get out in nature, try a guided zipline tour at Cypress Hills or Elk Ridge at Treeosix Adventure Parks. This is your chance to glide through the trees and experience the forests of Saskatchewan from a brand new vantage point.
- Attend a local pumpkin festival – Mark your calendar for the first weekend in October to attend the Pumpkin Music Festival at Paintball Paradise near Prince Albert, where there will be something for everyone to enjoy. At this annual festival you can explore a corn maze, pick out the perfect pumpkin, listen to local music, shoot small pumpkins with a giant slingshot, enjoy the antics of an improv group and feast on burgers, hot dogs, poutine and delicious homemade pumpkin pie.
No matter what season it is, if you’re looking for a great apartment in Prince Albert with amazing amenities, outstanding community features and a prime location, contact us today at Tamaron Square Apartment Homes. We’re here to schedule your personal tour at your convenience and help you discover your warm and wonderful new home.
What’s your favorite thing to do in Autumn? Share your fun ideas with us below in the comments section below and with readers at #LifeatWeidner