Ahh, Super Bowl Sunday! It’s here! The Philadelphia Eagles take on the New England Patriots at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota with kickoff set for 6:30pm EST. Airing on NBC for all the world to see, this event is only overshadowed by…perhaps nothing?
Really, even for non-football fans, this event is not easily ignored. From themed sales to snacks, to fashion trends, it’s #SuperBowlLII fever all the way. Even the Super Blue Blood Moon can’t eclipse the Super Bowl, and that hasn’t happened since 1866!
Weidner is excited to join in on the celebration from every community, but especially at the three communities located close to the stadium! Talk about a game day! 222 Hennepin Apartments, 7West Apartments, Vue Apartments will all be joining in on the Super Bowl spirit. At 7West, the parking lot will be open for Super Bowl parking. Some local pubs and businesses in the area are celebrating with extended hours-some to 4am! For those residents lucky enough to be within shouting distance of the game, we hope you’ll share your pictures at #LifeatWeidner. We’ll start with the first one of two Weidner associates getting ready for the big game.
Unless you’re lucky enough to have seats at the game, going for upwards of $9,000 this year, chances are you’re probably watching the game from the comfort of your living room. If you’re like us you’re probably inviting your friends and family over to watch the big game, enjoy some good food and have fun! Be sure to prepare for your Super Bowl get together with enough snacks and drinks to last all day, plenty of seating for all and noise control. With this in mind, we bring you our next Apartment Living 101 video, How to Soundproof Your Apartment for The Super Bowl.
While your next door neighbors may be very understanding that you are having a few guests over, they may not want to hear a play-by-play of the game from your apartment. Noise control is no problem with the 7 tips and tricks outlined in our newest video. Try one if not all of the below, your neighbors will thank you!
- The first thing you can do is add some furniture like a couch, bookshelf, or buffet table. Big furniture like these can help absorb some of the sound. And for extra sound dampening, you can insert a thick piece of foam between the furniture and the wall.
- The next thing you’ll want to cover is your bare walls. Try covering them with a rug or a canvas print.
- If you don’t have the sound foams, you can try making your own sound dampening canvas with some cheap towels from your local thrift shop.
- Another area where sound can escape is through the windows. Most especially if your apartment has single-pane windows. If you have thick, heavy drapes, those would be perfect. If not, try hanging a rug, or a blanket as a temporary fix.
- And just like the windows, the doors are another area where sound can escape. This is where you find out just how valuable those blankets can really be. Try hanging those up.
- If your front door has a gap on the bottom, you can get a door sweep. This not only helps in reducing the sound coming out, but it can help reducing the amount of heat or cool going out the door. Another alternative to the door sweep is to have a door draft stopper. You can use a long sock, fill it with rice, and tie it up, then place it along the door. Or you can make your own DIY Door draft stopper.
- And last but not least, if your apartment has hardwood floors, simply getting a thick rug can really help absorb any sound.
Here’s to a safe and sound-proofed Super Bowl LII! Enjoy and don’t forget to share your photos with us at #LifeatWeidner!
-The Weidner Apartment Homes Team