Summer is a time filled with fun, sun and making memories. For our Phoenix residents, summer means hitting the golf course or going out for a hike at Camelback Mountain but one thing is for certain theres plenty of cool, summer fun to be had in Phoenix. Heres a sampling of our top picks:
- Resorts! Phoenix and the surrounding area are known for offering some of the finest resorts in the country. From lounging poolside with your favorite beverage to spa treatments, to special events, Phoenix resorts offer a great local escape. For more information, view Travel and Leisure, citing 7 luxury resorts to choose from.
- Desert Botanical Garden. Its often said theres nothing like the tranquil beauty of the desert. At Desert Botanical Garden, you can experience that beauty firsthand along 5 thematic trails featuring cacti, succulents, and wildflowers. There are also classes, workshops, guided tours, and scheduled events that run throughout the year.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art is a quick drive from downtown Phoenix and features an impressive collection of modern art along with some interactive exhibits. The Arizona Natural History Museum is also a great escape and offers fun interactive events and tours for the whole family. What a great way to stay cool and mentally engaged!
- Tempe Town Lake feels like its own little vacation spot in the middle of the desert. Walk along the 2-mile parameter, have lunch, or take a little boat ride. Theres also some 40 events scheduled each year at this little desert oasis.
- Lets talk shopping. Phoenix and nearby Scottsdale offer casual to upscale shopping where you can not only escape the summer heat but stay trendy. Check out Shopping Destinations in Phoenix: From Vintage Thrifting to Upscale Chic from 10Best.com.
Of course, if you really dont feel like venturing out in the heat, you can always staycation by the pool right there at home in your Weidner community! Share your favorite summer attractions with us at #LifeatWeidner. -The Weidner Team