You work hard in school. To attain a balanced life, it’s important to make you spend some time playing as well.
Whether you’re staying in a dorm room in Edmond, OK, or renting an apartment in Oklahoma City, here are 15 great ways to have fun in the area during your downtime:
- Frontier City – Spend the day at this OKC amusement park for a combination of exhilirating rides and olde-timey fun where you can bounce from roller coasters, thrill rides, concerts and a water park to a Western town replica, haunted farm, and gunfight shows, all for the single price of admission.
- Arcadia Lake – If you’re looking for outdoor recreation activities, visit this beautiful destination just east of Edmond for camping, picnicking, swimming, fishing, skiing biking and hiking.
- Arctic Edge Ice Arena – Enjoy figure skating and playing hockey in this arena in Edmond, complete with a video game arcade for more fun once you’re off the ice.
- Clue Quest – Once the door locks behind you, your team will have an hour to explore your surroundings and solve various puzzles and logic challenges in order to escape these themed rooms.
- Edmond Unplugged – If you’re looking for a low-key evening out, this fun gaming venue in the heart of downtown Edmond with board games, food and drinks is a unique place to bring a date or hang out with friends.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving – Float on a smooth cushion of air to experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane.
- Main Event Entertainment – “Eat, bowl, play” in this modern OKC bowling alley with 26 lanes, laser tag, video games, a ropes course, billiards and food.
- Mitch Park – Visit this large greenspace in Edmond for sports and play including a disc golf course, exercise station, two basketball courts, a volleyball court, skate park, amphitheater, and athletic complex.
- Paint Your Art Out – This ceramic and craft painting studio offers entertaining, guided art classes for individuals and groups in downtown Edmond where artists to take home their masterpiece at the end of each session.
- Summit OKC – Challenge yourself at this 90-foot tall climbing gym located near downtown Oklahoma City that hosts top-rope, lead, auto-belay, and bouldering in OKC’s converted grain silos.
- Shop at Urban Agrarian – Before you cook a dank meal, buy quality ingredients including locally grown food and quality artisan products from Oklahoma producers.
- Topgolf Oklahoma City – You don’t have to be a great golfer to have a blast at this upscale, laid-back sports venue where players can hit golf balls containing tracking microchips to record each shot’s distance and earn points for hitting targets on the outfield.
- Oklahoma City Zoo – Wander throughout this expansive wonderland that’s part zoo, part botanical gardens, with a large variety of exhibits and habitats including the Cat Forest/Lion Overlook, Great EscApe, Sanctuary Asia, and Oklahoma Trails.
- Bad Axe Throwing – Channel your inner Jason Momoa at this unique and fun OKC axe-throwing venue, complete with coaches and dedicated targets.
- Bricktown – Make a day or evening of it in this thriving OKC entertainment district with hundreds of shops, restaurants, pubs, hotels, ballpark and fun water taxi.
What’s your favorite thing to do in the OKC area? Share your stories and ideas at #LifeAtWeidner
If you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment in Oklahoma City or a UCO student apartment, contact us today at Brookwood Village Apartment Homes so we can schedule your personal tour at your convenience and help you find your perfect home in this amazing and fun region.