Welcome to Loring Park, where there's always something amazing going on. Home to some of Minneapolis' most anticipated fairs, festivals, and outdoor events, Loring Park is Minneapolis' beautiful gem that offers city residents and visitors plenty of art, good food, great music, culture and nature.
There are many ways to describe Loring Park. Some call it peaceful, others call it diverse, artistic, or exciting. We call it incredible. Here's why:
The Year-round Festivals
Almost every month of the year, there’s a festival or fair in the park that celebrates the diversity of Minneapolis and brings the community together in fun and exciting ways. In January, thousands of locals gather around Lake Harriet and send their unique and colorful kites into the crisp winter sky. Free and open to the public, the Lake Harriet Winter Kite Festival also features family events like ice fishing, snowshoeing, and a marshmallow roast. Loring Park residents come together in the spring for Arbor Day and the annual Earth Day Cleanup, the Minneapolis Red, White and Boom in the summer, and the Minneapolis Bike Tour and Monarch Festival in the fall.
The Delicious Food
If you’re in the mood for some hearty, soul-warming food, you'll find it in Minneapolis. Comfort food is a Loring Park specialty and foodies can find food trucks, patio cafes, waterfront dining, mom and pop restaurants and breakfast spots. Whether you're planning on moving to Loring Park or are just visiting for the weekend, here are a few places you simply must try:
- For the best stuffed burger in town, you have to stop by both Matt's Bar and the 5-8 Club to see who does the best Juicy Lucys. It’s an ongoing battle of deliciousness where everyone wins.
- When you roll out of bed, head down to The Bird or The Nicollet Diner for classic breakfast options that'll leave you satisfied and ready for the day.
- In Loring Park, some of the best food isn't served in a restaurant at all. Food trucks like Hibachi Daruma, Simply Steve's Mobile Food Truck, and Scratch Food Truck are quick and easy lunch options for those working in Downtown, and perfect for a casual weekend lunch date.
- Loring Park is a melting pot of cultures, and you can sample cuisine from different countries and cultures, including Mexican, Indian, Greek, Asian, American, Thai, and Southern Comfort.
- Celebrating something special? Make reservations at some of the areas most talked-about fine dining restaurants, like Manny's Steakhouse or Butcher & The Boar.
The Natural Beauty
If you love being outside, you'll love spending time at Loring Park. This quiet community is home to several open green spaces, gardens, bike paths, and a fishing pier. In the summer, locals spend the weekends picnicking, playground-hopping through Loring Park's gorgeous green spaces, fishing, bike riding, and cooling off in the wading pool. When temperatures drop in wintertime, you can go skiing, sledding, snowshoeing, and ice fishing, or meet up with friends at the local ice rink. Loring Park is a bustling place in the winter – a beautiful snowy wonderland where you can enjoy many cold-weather activities and engage with the community.
The Art and Culture Scene
Loring Park is a popular hub for art, music and culture. There's the Loring Park Art Festival, the Music in the Park Series, the Minneapolis Institute of Art, and the Walker Art Center. You can almost always find live music playing somewhere, and the Basilica of St. Mary is a local historical gem and a photographer's dream come true. Families can channel their inner artist every summer during the Art in The Park Series, and the Music Box Theatre hosts open-mic nights, books local musicians, and serves as an intimate concert venue for nationally recognized artists. If art, music and education are your thing, you belong in Loring Park.
The Desirable Location
Loring Park is an ultra-urban and diverse community park that brings people together through food, art, nature and music. It combines the natural beauty of Minnesota with modern design, beautiful nature and innovation.
If you’re planning to move to the Loring Park area and are looking for an amazing luxury apartment community, be sure to visit 7west Apartment Homes. With upscale studios as well as one and two-bedroom apartments, it’s easy to find the ideal layout that fits your unique lifestyle. After you tour the beautifully landscaped grounds, elegant rooftop terrace, tranquil Zen garden, fun game room, upscale clubhouse, and fully-equipped fitness center, you’ll see why it’s such a wonderful place to call home.