Remember all that stuff you hid away in the closet after the holidays? Yeah, it’s time to reclaim that space and make the most of one of the best “rooms” in your apartment!
- Once you can trust the weather to be consistent again, store those bulky winter coats and sweaters in shrink plastic storage bags and make way for some creative space.
- Give your wardrobe a make-over and donate items you haven’t worn in a year…or two, or three!
- Invest in some thin, color-coded hangers that take up less space. Try organizing your closet by color, season, casual, and formal.
- Invest in extender rods, stackable boxes, hanging storage units and arrange as needed. Mix and match to your heart’s content until everything you need is where you can see it. Store your most-used items at eye level.
- Find a used dresser that fits in the back of your closet, paint as needed or hand paint your own designs and then use it to store purses, jewelry, scarves, and heirlooms. Drape a favorite scarf over the top for an additional splash of color.
- Hang or prop up a mirror to expand the space, but if you’re using it to check your wardrobe for the day, make sure you have adequate lighting.
- The top shelf of your closets isn’t just for forgotten hats and sports equipment. Use it as an off-season display with a shelf divider and organize by season, color, and events.
- Invest in some colorful hat boxes. They stack well on the closet floor and top shelf and can hold a myriad of items.
- Utilize the back of the closet doors for shoe racks, purse racks, or jewelry storage.
For more storage and décor ideas, try . Basically, anything that makes it easier for you to find what you need when you need it is fair game for closet organizers. How do you make the most of your closet space? Tell us all about it at #LifeatWeidner.
-The Weidner Team